Sulphonated asphalts|sulfonated asphalt is water soluble fluid loss controller
Sulfonated Asphalt is a proven extensively used drilling fluid additive with many fine properties. Oil asphalt is basal raw material. It appears brown in easy breakable pieces or fluidized powder. Its density is 0.98g/cm3. It's partly water soluble partly oil soluble for every kind of drilling fluid.Sulphonated asphalt have effective properties and wide uses in drilling fluid additive it's water soluble and slightly in oil soluble, Sulphonated asphalt look brown it will simply soluble in compositions.It can emulsify water with oil, depress the solid enlargement. It additionally helps to regulate low cutting rate and cleans the hole. It stabilizes well hole to prevent any collusion.
It is a different form of sodium Sulphonated mineral compound. Its versatile mud conditioner contributes to the steadiness of mud. It acts as another to oil usage etc. and aids emulsification of oil. This chemical used for sedimentary rock management losses of water rising. It is mix of Gilsonite, blown asphalt, lignite, sodium hydroxide and mixture of latter compounds.
Sulfonated asphalt particle size
Sulphonated asphalt additive technology also uses with Gilsonite and bitumen in terms of particle size. As a sulfonated/reactive material, this chemical agent options a good vary of particle sizes from soluble to mixture, together with sizes such as that of ground materials. The wide selection of sizes provides a high chance of getting a particle size needed for penetration into varied kinds of cracks
Benefit of Using Sulphonated asphalt
- Lubricate mud thus reducing torsion and drag of the formation or cutting
- Seals little fractures in stressed sedimentary rock formulation.
- Prevents bit and down hole assembly bailing by preferentially oil wetting the drill string.
- Good cooler thus reduces the down hole with temperature fluid loss and contributes to corrosion inhibition.
- Inhibits swelling clay and water wetting of shale’s
- Reduces HTHP (High Temperature High Pressure) Fluid Loss
- Improves Filter cake Quality and helps seal small fractures
- Stabilize shale stratum
- Reduce rotative torque and prevent jamming
- Substitute of oil, including crude oil, waste engine oil and diesel oil
- Depress the solid expansion of drill chips
- Produce thin and tenacious mud cakes
- Recommended quantity to be added: 1-4%
Specifications of Sulphonated asphalt
Sodium Sulfonate base
Water soluble content
Oil soluble content
HTHP Fluid loss
Packing & Shipping of sulfonated asphalt
25KG or 50LB net sealed in 4-in-1 compound paper bag with plastic lining. During storage and transport of sulfonated asphalt see that the bag is intact as the product is water soluble.